Wednesday, December 18, 2013

2013 HOT LIST: MUSIC

2014... Can't wait for NYE! ;) I love this metaphorical 'fresh start', did you guys already come up with some New Year's resolutions? The 01.01 is around the corner, which means: Time for a bow down, a 2013 hot list. Today we discuss one of my favourite topics... MUSIC!
FAV' ALBUMS 2013:
- Lana Del Rey: In January I was definitely high on Lana. There were like 3 different remix versions of each of her songs on my phone! She is such a great artist, she's magical. The great LDR moment this year, was her song Young And Beautiful. Rumor has it that she will be nominated for the 2014 Oscars for the Academy Award for Best Original Song. Crown!
- The Great Gatsby : Why is this movie so epic? There are billions of reasons! I'd say 25% of the credit go to the soundtrack produced by our Roc... the one and only JAY Z
I did the money dance to 100$ Bill and rocked the dancefloor to A Little Party Never Killed Nobody. Fantastic album!
Benjamin Franklins filled, fold it just for the thrill
- Pusha T: Wrath of Caine was a f*cking dope mixtape (excuse my french), followed by My Name Is My Name, an even greater album. I'm so in love with Pusha, bro that's some #GOODMUSIC!
I just want to ride Italian leather, acting like you don’t know me 
Euro designer palace, fuck my bitch on Missoni... 
- Jay Z: The album Magna Carta... Holy Grail is perfection from 00:00 to 59:04. In my opinion, Jay kicked Kanye's ass with this masterpiece. I'm sorry Yee but... his album is insanely good. (I said it: It's better!) The lyrics are very deep and epic. Oceans (feat. Frank Ocean) is the soundtrack of my summer, definitely one of the best songs this century.
This water tells my story, this water knows it all
Go ahead and spill some champagne in the water
Go ahead and watch the sun blaze on the waves of the ocean
 
- 2 Chainz: B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time - He's cool , he's dope, he's killa, he's fun... he looks like Whoopi Goldberg! lol ;) There are artists like 2 Chainz or Juicy J who turn every princess in a bad a** bitch on the dancefloor. This album is just another example for that! #TRUUUU
- Drake: Nothing Was the Same. Nothing was the same after this album. GOLD! I was chilling by the pool enjoying the summer with Hold On, We're Going Home, those moments were heaven.
also already mentioned & beloved: Miley Cyrus Bangerz, Robin Thicke Blurred Lines & of course Beyonce BEYONCE, Disclosure Settle, Big Sean Hall of Fame & more
And... the all time A-List Clique: No 'particular record' in 2013, but they were kinda around all the time... Shining! ;)
Asap Rocky (yes, LONG.LIVE.A$AP came out in 01.2013 but I already wrote a hymn of praise about it in 2012), Rick Ross (waiting for Mastermind), Future (Honest in 2014)
Still sharing the throne: KANYE WEST & JAY Z #bowdownbitches
MUSIC IS A GIFT! <3

Have a great evening
xx
M

No comments:

Post a Comment