Friday, March 16, 2012

MOSCOW!!!

MOSCOW. The capital of the world. There's no city with more rush, more thrill or more seduction. Remember the movie Alfie (when Jude Law was hot ;) )? Alfie said: "The most beautiful women live in Manhattan." No boy, they live in Moscow. Stunning long legged beauties walking down the street like it's a Roberto Cavalli runway, that's Moscow! The reason for that? Girls from every corner of Russia seek the capture of the big city. There's no place in Russia with more perspective and more danger. But the chance, even the thought of becoming one of the only, is worth it to pack the bag and to simply go ahead. These girls and the "Lorraine Schwartz Generation" (that's how I call the present oligarchy... desired, expensive and extravagant just like LS jewellery... the old money would be the "Cartier Generation") are responsible for the unbelievable fashion boom during the last couple of years. Every label is available in Moscow, every designer who counts in the industry was there and everything is worn by these brave fashionistas. Last year, Moscow hosted Alber, Karl, D&G, Pharrell and many more. What I love about the Moscow Style? The infinity. I mean Paris is known for Zadig Voltaire-wearin' hipsters with classy YSL allure, the New York citizens are simply hip and cool, the London crowd is all avant-garde, while the people of Stockholm are in love with pure clean fashion with geometric colour blocking. But Moscow has it all. Not only represented by little groups, but as a part of one giant fashion community. It's like Russian geopolitics. There are Armenians, Tatars, Chechen people, Georgians, Ukrainians... but we are all one nation, with one history and with one dream. Well that's how I would love it to be, no wars, no fights, just love and compassion for the beauty of every single ethnic group.
...So is the fashion. There are Bohemians, Margiela Hipsters, Avant-gardes, Generation "Fur", the Gold diggers, the Label lovers,the Over-the-Top people, the Classy ones and the Style masters. They are all RUSSIAN FASHION! I could make some tea and blinis and start a 12 h talk about my favourite fashionistas/-os. But I'll try to keep it short for you, maybe you'll get inspired. ;)

1. Ksenia Sobchak:
Every Russian probably goes now like: "Surprise, surprise! How creative!". But I see her to be the origin, kind of. ;) I was a young girl when I started watching her Muz TV show. There were two things I loved about it: Her humor and her stunning walk-in-wardrobe. The other thing is that I'm impressed by her personal style evolution. I agree, style and taste is something genetic. ;) But still it has to be explored. I love the ones who transform and take time to figure out their sense of fashion. Ksenia went from the head-to-toe black and white skull McQueen-look to a clean and stunning classiness with folk charm. And now she's rocking politics... oh Lord )))

2. Svetlana Bondarchuk:
There are three things hot about Svetlana: Her body, her husband ;P and her style! S is always classy, always hip and always up to date. There's no way to call her unfashioned! She just knows the business. You know, fashion is a science and an art, and Sveta totally owns it.

3. Keti Topuria:
Ok first of all: I love everything about her. Her simplicity, her voice, her moves on stage, her beauty, her body and Gosh her outfits! She's the reason for why I watch Russian concerts on TV... so excited for her to perform with her band A'Studio! These outfits are insanely beautiful!

4. Ravshana Kurkova:
Ravshana looks like a Eastern duchess! The grace and perfection of her beauty is indescribable! Her fashion is hipster chic! She loves suits, clean cut dresses, jeans, sneakers, leather jackets and pureness. She doesn't need this certain "too much", because her charisma already does the job.

1. TIMATI:
Ok, hands down he's the one! He's the Russian Kanye West. He loves the labels, loves the mixing and knows the art of combining. He is smart, strong, masculine, talented and hot. Perfect conditions to become a male fashion icon. And the fact that all the guys in Moscow nightclubs look like Timati, speaks for itself. To me, Timati is someone I admire, love, respect and look up to. For living his dream out loud and looking always drop dead fashioned and stunning! (with GF Mila)
2. Konstantin Krukov:
Just like the majority of Russian girls, I can't react in another way but "Ohhhh <3" when I see Konstantin on screen. My Mum's biggest dream is me marrying Krukov. lol Me wearing Lanvin and KK wearing Gucci. ;) This man is pure joy. He's acting, designing fine jewellery and spending the majority of his time being beautiful. ;) Ok I love his suits, his clean elegance in a masculine way and his incredible gaze. But seriously Kostya: "What the hell is going on with you carrying around this Louis wallet like you're Carrie B and it's your clutch or something?" Leave it in the car, the drinks are for free anyways.

3. Marat Safin:
Just today I talked to my beautiful stunning girl Martina (shout out to you honey ;)) about the sexiness of tennis. Remember Kanye singing about a hot chick with an a** like Serena? Yeah tennis is H to the O to the T. I watch the US Open, the French Open... like every "Open". ;) All that in order to check out sexy Rafa Nadal or any other hot bloke. Now we need to search for the hotties, 'cause the hottest Beau has left the court. Marat and Maria. Sounds great right? haha ;) And as I'm also 1/4 Tatar it makes perfectly sense.))) Ok so let's talk about Marat: You know what, no! Just google him, that will explain everything... oh yeah and nice style btw)))

4. Danila Polyakov:
Danila is crazy. The Red Head Beast! The former supermodel grabs the scissors and cuts his 3000 euro Gaultier boots. That's not the normal case! ;) But he is so unique, so brave and so stunning, that it makes him irreplaceable for the Moscow fashion scene. (don't google him, it's very weird! lol))

5. Vlad Lisovets:
Vlad has the most beautiful hands I've ever seen! And hands mean a lot to me in terms of male beauty. His style? It's incredible. Black leather shirt, slight plaid beige suit, bright sneaker/ socks combo, that's a classic Lisovets.))) Love him talking about fashion, I could listen to that for hours!

6. Denis Simachev:
Lately I talked to a fashioned Russian bloke in the cliche Munich nightclub Pacha.) He goes like: "Who's your favourite Russian designer?" I said, the Russian Westwood.))) Vivienne Westwood's Nr.1 inspo? Everything British: history, art and royalty. Simachev's inspo? Everything Russian: history, art and royalty. ))) Did I mentioned I love cars? He has the most poppin' one! <3 Love Denis, love his line, love his flair.


This would be the end. Of course there are many many many more! But these are my favos... I guess. Sure, every Russian supermodel belongs here, but this is supposed to be only Moscow, you girls are more all around the world ;) Oh and I have to mention Sati Spivakova and Sofiko Shevardnadze. It's sooo worth to check them out! ;) Hope you like Russian fashion now too.)))

looong super sunny day, coming home> WRITING ;)
go for Tatler if you love Russian style ))) 
xx M <3
pics: tatler.ru, spletnik.ru, vk.ru

No comments:

Post a Comment