Saturday, March 31, 2012

THEOPHILUS

Good morning guys, it's a stunningly beautiful sunny day in Munich. So before I'm hitting the city, I decided to dedicate a post to my current music/ fashion obsession: Theophilus London. It was a couple of years ago, when I discovered him. He used to rock after parties during the fashion weeks. The moment the world got addicted to him was gorgeously stated by a making-of video of super bombshell Lindsay Lohan going hard during a photo shoot for the Muse Magazine. This became an iconic moment in the history of fashion photography. So incredibly hot, seductive and so wrong and forbidden. A perfect fashion scandal! But the secret essence which made this masterpiece, is Theo's song Oops.

This is when we started fallin' for his talent. A new wave of music, super thrilling and super excessive. Googling T.H.E.O.P... we realised that it's not only a sensation of music but also of fashion. Besides the fact that this bad boy moves like a genius and flows the beat through the whole room, he totally owns the tricky art called couture. A real fashionisto! The glasses became his signature piece, popped with funky gold and killing sneakers. True, this sounds like a standard West, but T rocks it on a whole new level: While Beau Kanye does it more offensive with a note of high fashion sophistication, T makes it more Marvin Gaye like. Which means he adds a little bit of funk and unusualness to his looks. He does it all from leather to suede, to silk to studs. He loves to customize his pieces in order to make them for real unique and magnificent.
Michael Jackson and Prince influence his music and style. So defining his genre is pretty much impossible. ;) There is some hip hop, rap elements, funk, pop, post punk, electro and and and. This man has no boundaries. When I see him I feel like he's MJ's grandchild, Marvin's nephew, MIA's brother and Kanye's godchild. (only hypothetical of course ;) ) Guys, it's highly recommended to check his tracks out: Lisa, Oops, Last Name London, I Want U, Love Is Real... just hit YouTube. ;) My recent obsession? Big Spender! OMG this is the track of the month and I'm already able to say that this is a 2012 Top 10 bomb! I love the instrumental... so legendary and bad like a 1961 secret NY night out with with JF.Kennedy. Beautiful, right? ;) I love it!

This boy is so killing! He managed to feature some Jordans for Chanel, rocks the fedora and seduces with vintage fur. Let's love him dolls! A man who has a wardrobe, I'd totally go for rocking myself, is just worth more respect. And it still looks super cool and masculine! TL we can't reject ourselves

Snapback, Skinny pants, Gold, Blazer, Fur, Funk, Colour, Jordans, Labels, Prints... LONDON!
Hope you adore his flow now! ;)
xxM
Later today... my all time female fashion icon is back! And I love it! LiLo!)
<3 (pics from vk.com official TL group)


No comments:

Post a Comment