Tuesday, March 6, 2012

CARRIE, FASHION & THE CITY!

After a long night around the city, clubbing, laughing and having fun, there's nothing better than starting the day with a delicious breakfast and a couple of episodes of Sex and the City.
SATC is the one and only guilty TV fashion pleasure for me. Don't get me wrong, I love Gossip Girl, but I feel like SATC is so much more than just a fashion featuring show. SATC really taught me fashion. Ans trust me, fashion has to be studied... just like maths or biology. This show established so many trends during the last decade.

Bang Ray Ban
Ray Ban sunglasses for example, today you see them all around the globe. The brand exists for ages while the hype started approximately 12 years ago. The majority doesn't know that New York's hippest fashionista Carrie Bradshaw created the Ray Ban Cult wearing classic Aviators in the first episode of the second season.

Fashion News
What about the epic Galliano paper print? In the summer season there are still hundreds of Russian logotype lovers who show off their CD Galliano beach suits. Who made this trend? Carrie Bradshaw! Remember Carrie having lunch with Big's ex-wife Natasha in the 17th episode of season 3? There it is: The since then legendary news paper Dior gown,a lifetime tribute to the great work Galliano did for Dior. So unique and stunning that it even appeared in the second SATC movie.


Fur & Glamour
Fur. I love fur. It's so edgy and so classy at the same time. Carrie's fur coats are a piece of fashion history. The long one featured in the early seasons became her statement piece. It makes the show's last outfit. (season 6) Who said that you're not allowed to wear fur during the spring? ;)

Baguette isn't French, it's Italian baby!
  
Who made this iconic Fendi bag the most wanted piece of the new millennium? Exactly, Carrie & the girls. These days we love our Chanels, Balenciagas, Louis Vs, Mulberrys and Wangs. But this Italian bag should never be forgotten. Here's the purse-by-decade guide: 1950's: Chanel 2.55; 1960's: Hermes; 1970's: Gucci; 1980's: Versace; 1990's: Fendi; 2000's: hmm... Louis? ;) Well Carrie has them all. But the Fendi baguette is her favourite "plus one".

Manolo Blow

OK let's talk the Blahnik. These shoes are pure allure. They make their owner strong, feminine, stunning or like Carrie would say "fabulous". There are too many fantastic shoe designers featured on the show. Bradshaw was also one of the first to wear Louboutins. (Nothing gets me like a Louboutin ;) ) It was the last episode of season four. The star of it, was a gorgeous pink stiletto. A shoe so perfect and unique that it makes every fashionista's heart skip a beat. (That's actually really what happens to me walking by my favourite boutique in Munich Theresa every single time ;) )

But beside all the Zanotti, Loubi, Choo and Rossi, Carrie will always stick to her Manolos. 'Cause the Manolo... is her.

Chanel Love
Sure Carrie wears Chanel with pleasure, but Sam is the ultimate Chanel Queen! Remember her Beau Richard Wright? That's what I call a present: The most beautiful Chanel wallet for the most outrageous and wild fashionista of New York. Every third episode there's the number 5 or a Chanel logo dangling down her ears. These are vintage fashion diamonds! I would pair them with a little black dress and some heeled black ankle boots. All classy, no cut-out on the top, only legs ;) But Sam pops huge Chanel earrings and bags with... guess what? Yes, a bright neon pink suit. Oh Samantha, how could someone not adore you hun'?

Daily Couture
When I go out for lunch, I wear shiny dresses, accessories, popping bags, fur, silk... all depending on my mood. There was a time in my life, I would have never done that. That's just how our society can effect us. Sometimes we think it's wrong to wear a certain thing just because it makes other people look at us. When I was 14 years old I've spend hours going through one of my favourite fashion books, "Kiss and Tell". It features all of the most impressive looks of Carrie&Co. Carrie wears everything she likes. Fashion with no rules.
My style reflects more the classic kind of fashioned look , but if I see someone walking down the street wearing an eye-catching piece, even or especially if It's something I would never wear... it just makes my day. I love Munich. But I wish people would appreciate a certain fashion diversity and individuality more than they do now. When I was in Paris, I got inspired by my favourite Bradshaw looks: I wore a navy blue silk dress, a big pearl necklace with an even bigger flower pin, 14 cm navy stilettos & open hair. I don't think I would ever pull that off here. ;) But the French... they smiled and said "Fabuleuse!", "Mademoiselle, c'est magnifique", "Oh beauté!"... there is no guy, no dress, no compliment that makes me feel better than the warmness of this city. Now I got it, I need a guy who is able to make me feel more beautiful than Paris can. ;)
So girls, be strong enough to make the street a runway, a runway featuring YOUR collection every day again. This is why we love these shows so much. Not because of the clothes those women have, but because of their self-confidence. I wish all of us, one day, to be just as proud of ourselves as these four NY fashionistas are. Go ahead dolls!

Love, Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment