Friday, March 23, 2012

MUSIC GAL

I can not imagine a week without my IPod. I mean, I'm such a music-addict. Whether I'm walking down the street, hitting the gym or getting ready at home, music paints my life with colour. There's nothing hotter than a good fast beat, nothing more relaxing than some smooth Drake and nothing more heating up than a bomb new Kanye track. Talking about my favourite genre, I don't even know where to start. I listen to pretty much everything. I love these old jazzy tunes from the early 20's, soul and blues from the 50's, 60's Stones tracks, Marvin Gaye, of course Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey and and and. But then there was this decade of music that blew my mind: 90's! Biggie, De La Soul, Q Tip... HIP HOP! I adore hip hop, there's nothing more entertaining, more seductive and more fun than that. That's how I became a hip hop chick. Everyone who knows my blog or me in person knows that I'm... let's say interested ;) in Kanye West. I just see him to be a music/ fashion god. Douchebag? Yes, but still a god. Then there's Queen B and King J, we all adore them right?
Music is such a gift. Every moment in life becomes so much more intense with the right song to it. My blog is all about the fashion and beauty in life, right? ;) I'm ready to build the bridge... between my greatest passions: music and fashion. These guys own it! (after the model post we need again some man-action ladies ;) )  Are you guys ready too? Let's go for it dolls...´

Mark Ronson:
In 2008 I opened the Vanity Fair magazine and saw the most attractive guy in the world: Skinny fitting black Gucci suit, tiny tie, gorgeous lips, Bambi eyes and some Ray Ban Wayfarers. I'm like: "Who are you, Beau?" And then he turned out to be British... gosh.... MARK RONSON! Maria's about to convert to Judaism in order to marry the hot music producer? Totally yes! ;) Then I found out he has Russian roots. He is like the image of a blues producer in the late 50's. His work with the wonderful Amy will remain adored by us for ever. There was only one like her...
And there's only one like him! The way he grooves on stage is so incredibly fascinating. I became the greatest Ronson fan in Germany. For real! ;) I went out, exited like the 7 years old me for a barbie doll, in order to get all of his albums! I even got "Here Comes The Fuzz". It's his first official record and there were like 5 people including me and Mark himself who actually bought it. ;) His first smash? Ooh Wee! Remember? )) Then he switched his image... I was shocked. The Mark I used to love, the classy, handsome, fun, hipster god became a white haired trashy young version of Karl Lagerfeld. Now that 'look' is gone - Beau is back! ;) Ladies, don't be disappointed but he's married now. (Check my FashionxLove post ) But that doesn't change the fact that his musical talent is still way too underrated. He's the perfect example of how a great record turns into a great outfit. MusicxFashion? MarkxMark!
Fav' songs: No One Knows, Toxic, Touch The Sky, Stop Me, Back to Black (whole album), Could Shoulder (Adele, produced and co-written by MR), Ooh Wee, all Daniel Merriweather

Marilyn Manson:
Fashion is endless! And even if there are certain directions I wouldn't consider for my wardrobe, I still love to take a look at them! Marilyn Manson is a great artist! I love his music, I love the head to toe staging of himself, I love his painting and I love to watch his interviews. He's hilarious! There are many weird rumors going around about him. That he eats children for example. LOL The world is definitely paranoid! ;) We should rather take a look at his perfect fashionxmusic matching. This man is a piece of art himself. The military suit, the gothic boots, the strange haircut, the insane make up and this, I admit, quite scary glance: It all makes him, let's say... highly visible. His greatest fashion period? Well, that's easy: MarilynxDita! They were iconicly beautiful together. The beauty and the beast. It's like Snow White fell in love with the son of the evil witch instead of the prince. A dark fairytale as beautiful and dramatic as a new collection's Alexander McQueen gown. We were all thrilled to see them hitting fashion week. So sad they broke up. Well let's tribute this fantastic artist and his extraordinary fashion, that inspires millions of young fashionistas all over the world, with some stunning pics.
Fav' songs: Heart Shaped Glasses, Tainted Love, Leave A Scar

Sean Combs
Sean Combs? Fur, gold, diamonds and eye wear! This man is the image of Hip Hop to me. He's so legendary, so fun and so party. ;) I adore his music, but this Diddy Dirty Money constellation was not his best idea, I guess.) Still: This man is a great writer, performer and women loving bloke. Is he still playin' around with Cassie? At least they showed up together shopping in NYC and in Paris @ KW's fashion show, right? Diddy must be a great shopping buddy and an awesome lover. He dated JLo, Cameron and I bet there was something going on with Kimmy K. Holding up a glass of rosé, wearing a white Alaia dress, sparkly Loubis and some drop dead hot Chloe eye wear? The perfect girl's Diddy White Party outfit. Are you dolls getting ready? ;)
Fav' songs: I Need A Girl, I'll Be Missing You, Tell Me, Nasty Girl and and and.....!

Michael Jackson:
Hero, Legend, Music Icon! And all with a capital! I'm the wrong one to talk about MJ controversy, this drives me nuts. We don't know anything about the stuff going on behind his doors. But one thing I know for sure: No one drives such a rush through my body as a MJ song. I'm quite known for doing a very funny Dirty Diana version (without any alcohol involved, I'm just crazy like that LOL).
He set some really significant fashion trends... fashion evergreens. The fedora, the hair even, the glove, the slippers&socks combo and the military jacket are a few examples. As much as I get excited by Chris Brown moves, nobody did, does or will ever do it like Jackson. He's just from another world. I believe his music is gift heaven gave us after all the wars and hurt on the world. Music can change the universe, and Michael tried to remind us of that. May you rest in peace! <3
Fav' songs: EVERY SINGLE F****** SONG, but OK: Billy Jean, Jam, Dirty Diana, Man In The Mirror... :)

Pharrell Williams:
He looks like an Egyptian prince! He so indescribably beautiful to me, I just can't express it. At the latest as we saw him underneath the hot shower, his body and tattoos (why the hell did he removed them?! ;)), the water dripping on his back and then this voice... Hypnotizing! I am so in love with him, I don't even know what to say. He's like Tom Cruise, it seems like he just doesn't age... he's 38! WOW! But let's talk music: He is a genius in composing, writing, singing and smiling of course. ) When I read his name in a song title, I just can't wait for his appearance in the upcoming video. It's always show-stealing and super fashionable! P, you're the prince yesterday, today and forever. The Neptunes hoodie is already on the way from the States. So excited to show my love for his work to the world. ;) We all adore him, right? He brings the dirty dog out. ;)
Fav' songs: Hypnotize U, Hot'n'Fun, Pass the C., Lapdance (of course!) etc etc etc

Kanye West:
I wish he had a lot of nicknames, so that I could variate a bit. ;) Kanye, is the one. Wanna now when I fell in love with him? Gold Digger! Damn, that boy can move, that boy has style and that music is banging. Since that I'm one of 1000... Kanye loving fashion chicks. I know all of his masterpieces. All of the videos and of course... all of the outfits. We went through Kanye Stronger and Alexis, Kanye Love Lockdown and Amber and Kanye That's My Bitch and Kim(?). No album is like the one before, but they all are to die for. KW, I keep it short, 'cause I bet my ass that your name will be in every single big post I'll do.
Fav' songs: Watch The Throne (hands down, best album ever), Stronger, Gold Digger, Diamonds from Sierra Leone, Runaway, Power, Heartless ...

Adam Levine:
Well I couldn't stop laughing when I saw him jumpin' around in his tank top at the Victoria's Secret Show, that was a bit of ridiculous. ;) But I want to be honest, speaking of guys: I like douchebags, and I don't know why. He is so damn talented and so self-addicted that it's starting to get amusing. I love Maroon5, always did, always will. Maroon5 is like ... hooking up with a hot NY hipster in his West Side apartment with nothing but 200 pairs of shoes, designer clothes, a giant flat screen and a big bed with a Union Jack coating. You get the image, right dolls? Wake Up Call, Makes Me Wonder... bomb tracks! We all love how he raises an eyebrow, how he moves his body with the guitar and we are all addicted to his style. Biker boots, leather jacket, tank ... all tattooed Beau. How could anyone not love him? Oh and this voice... gosh! Adam you're definitely in my zone! (N in P is playin' in the background right now. ;))
Fav' songs: Wake Up Call, Makes Me Wonder, This Love, She Will Be Loved, Bang Bang, Give Me A Little More, Get Back In My Life, Moves Like Jagger

Daniel Merriweather:
What a killing voice! We're melting to your sounds Dan. Mark's close friend and super talent Daniel Merriweather is the perfect Australian Beau moves to NY kind of hipster. His music is so beautiful. His fashion? Ray Ban shades, loose denim shirt and prints like "My Bitch gets money" which remind us of his hip hop background. We adore his pureness, his smile and the way he makes the crowd pop during some juicy festivals. Merriweather I adore you!
Fav' songs: Stop Me, Water And A Flame, Impossible, Change

Theophilus London:
This guy used to heat up after-parties at the London, Berlin or New York Fashion Week. He turned out to be my greatest discovery. He's still quite an insider and that makes him so hot. His beats are so different, so new and yet so seductive. His style? Well true, 70% of the guys in NY Soho walk around like that, but he still does it in his own way. Extraordinary old school fashion with the perfect touch of LDN night life flow. He's so good, I couldn't reject myself. Check him out, now! ;)
Fav' songs: Oops, I Want U For Myself, Last Name London

Drake & Young Money:
Oh Drake. Is there anyone sweeter than him? No, I don't think so, I know like a billion of girls who think the same. He's so smooth , soft and yet he can be so rough, masculine, sexy and ... gangsta. His music changed a lot in my life and it changed me as a person. It really did. His style is just like his sounds: Perfect boyfriend look. Another Young Money Bomb? Lil Wayne, bitch! ;) Watching some NBA action he always pops the seats with stunning sneakers and super hot appearance. This boy is rocking it hard. We get wild to his sounds and inspired by his fashion. Let it rock babies! Tyga: Love you bloke! Lil' bad ass boy, big talent, hip fashion... I go for it!
Foreplay: Drake, Action: Tyga, Second Round: Lil Wayne ;P
Fav' songs: Take Care (whole album), Closer, Best Thing..., John, Right Above It, How To Love, Make It Nasty, Rack City, Diamond Life

Again I could go on for hours... ;)
Dolls, grab your iPod/ iPhone whatever and let the music carry you. Thank you honeys for reading, and I hope you like it! Any suggestions for the next article what do you want Fashioria to write about? ;)
xx M

No comments:

Post a Comment