Sunday, March 18, 2012

H&M IS LOVE

"Labels or Love?" Remember that Fergie song? It's not like "I ain't looking for love", of course I do! We all do, right? But this other "L" will always make me smile... LABELS. These great fashion houses are more than a name. They are history. A lot of people think that spending 1500 bucks on a Chanel 2.55 is ridiculous. But this bag means so much more. When I look at it, I see Coco in her Ritz suite. I see her designing it, while she smokes seductively a cigarette and gets her coffee brought in by a young handsome French page boy. Then I see these stunning women: Old money from Moscow to New York visiting Paris in order to get the new masterpiece. The next vision that comes to my mind? Me sitting in a cafe in Monte Carlo, putting the ringing phone out of MY Chanel purse and going like: "Oh Hedi, how are you? Can't wait to see you again in NY next week at the YSL party!" ;)
Once I watched a documentary on Karl Lagerfeld. It takes more than 100 hours, 25 workers, countless details and one Karl, to manufacture ONE SINGLE Haute Couture piece! That's why these clothes represents dreams, hopes, quality, visions, statements and plenty of work. Gosh if I could, I'd never leave the Maximilian street here in Munich. ;) I love to dress up on a Sunday morning, go out and stare at the windows of these great flagship stores.
Labels, you're my love! ;) Girls, it's not enough to be able to name them. Fashion needs to be studied. The real magic is behind the label's name. It's the talent of the creative director, the work of the managers, the beauty of the materials and the history of the house that makes a real "Label".
BUT... here comes the big "but": Well of course the price. For some lucky and hardworking it's not an issue, for me a student living in one of the most expensive cities in the world, it is. ;)
And know H&M comes into play. I was a bit too young to realise the meaning of the KarlxH&M collaboration back in 2004. Getting older, I started realising that there are so many ways to get your hands on designer clothes without becoming Greek. ( lol, ok these jokes get old I admit it ;) )
One possibility is offered by my favourite Swede, H&M. I love H&M, I live there. ))) No, but seriously I visit the store like 5 times a week and rarely leave without a shopping bag.
Every fashion victim has the chance to get some labels now. I call it "Designer Thursday". Once, sometimes twice a year, H&M becomes the center of attention.
I will never forget my first time... It was Jimmy Choo. I was standing there together with like one billion people, it was cold, the mood was tense. The crowd is divided in various coloured bracelets. I was a sexy bright shade of grey. ;) That means that I'm one of the first to enter the store. Then there it was, the moment. The scared girl opens the door. Her hands are shaking. It felt like slow motion.) And then... they RUN! OMG! I did what I always do: I started laughing, though that was nohow funny. The woman behind me pulls my hair in order to get more forward. Well she shouldn't have done that... ;) Ok let's go on: I'm grabbing everything I can get, any size, any piece. Than I'm meeting my mum on the second floor to show her what I got, and see what she got. The second floor was sooo quite and so empty. The perfect place to try the stuff on and laugh about the insanity downstairs.
To be honest, I do it all online now. But I think every girl should go through this experience. It's officially a fashion war! ;)
My mum still tends to go, and then she tells me all about it.) Thanks for being like that my love. <3
I'm always thrilled to see the new collaborations. Thank you H&M, for making it possible for us to wear a piece of Donatella, Jimmy, Matthew and Alber. <3
So here are my buys (I always keep the bag, the tag, the box... it's so much more beautiful in my closet that way ;) )

1. Jimmy Choo:
 LOVE the dress, the shoes & the bag and used them with pleasure. But for some reason I never wore the top... I will this year, I promise ;)

2. Matthew Williamson:
I rocked the Yalta Beach in the bikini, and the glasses of course ;P
Clutch and necklace: All time must-have
The scarf is priceless!

3. Lanvin: 

Lanvin and me... that's a different story ;) I'll make a post on that. These two dresses are killing! I wore them once. It's the kind of piece you wear only a couple of times, on a very special occasion. Can't imagine me without the Kanye shades and the clutch.

4. Versace:

Ok I left a lot of cash for Donatella. ;) But I love Italian couture! Italians and Russians are very alike. The jewellery is so banging! But I had to return the earrings, they are way too heavy! But the rings, bags and bracelets are so worth it. <3

5.Marni:
Second online order just arrived ;) The white bag is not Marni, but it's new and gorgeous! So exited, I'll "model" it for you guys tomorrow )))

And the best thing... seeing celebs wearing your stuff! ;)

Convinced that it's worth it? Hope you dolls liked it ;) xx Maria <3

No comments:

Post a Comment