Sunday, March 23, 2014

SUNDAY MOVIE: THE SEPTEMBER ISSUE

"I had just submitted my first article for one of today's most relevant and provocative magazines, at
least to me: VOGUE." Oh Carrie Bradshaw, you are so right. This is every fashion girl's dream - Working for Vogue. But do we actually realize how much power and soul it takes to create the beauty on those pages? Anna Wintour, Grace Coddington, Hamish Bowles and André Leon Talley work 24/7 in order to make every single reader smile. Legendary photographers and stunning models use all their skills for the magazine's breathtaking editorials.
I keep many Vogue issues from America to Russia and I have an organized boxing system for all the
pictures I cut out starting at the age of 10. Yes, I'm a Vogue-ista. It's the most epic fashion magazine in history. We travel around the world, we get to feel the vibe of the industry, visit the Haute Coutute shows in Paris, meet Karl Lagerfeld and Riccardo Tisci... all that within a few minutes flipping through the magazine. And yes, this industry is not entirely nice and beautiful. There are as many tears and failures as there are Louboutins in the fashion circus. But art is supposed to make people happy, it's supposed to make them think and to inspire them. Thank you Vogue, for inspiring me and bringing me joy month after month. "The September Issue" is obviously a must-have in my DVD collection. I love to use a rainy Sunday to watch the masterpiece Vogue in the making. After all, the massive work process is worth it and being an Editor will always be my dream and goal. This documentary is definitely a good preparation. ;)
xx
M

No comments:

Post a Comment