Tuesday, April 24, 2012

HOW I... STORE MY ACCESSORIES

Dresses, shoes, bags, skirts... I love them all! But my biggest pleasure are accessories. I love how a bracelet can change the whole tone of an outfit. Hair up, classic women suit, long flashing dangling earrings= Sophisticated aristocratic charm. Hair down, classic women suit, big hip hop creoles= Lascivious party chic. I believe you can't have to many of them! Another sick obsession? Eye wear! ;) So expanding my accessories department every single week, I really need a nicely organized and cool designed storage system. (or a ASA- Anonymous Shopaholics Association membership ;) ) This post is supposed to quickly share some storage strategies of mine.)
My headbands are stored in these two Marc Jacobs cases, the elastic ones on the top, the others in the structured case below. I used to have a rack for them, but they started to disturb me being all out. The first case came along with the fragrance Daisy. The structured one was brought in Milan.
 Keeping my jewellery organized is much harder. I organize it every day, because being in hurry in the morning I tend to put everything out of the boxes on my bed searching for the stuff I need. So basically it rather often looks like that: My creoles are supposed to hang on this leo lady which I got on a flea market in Paris. But they prefer to be all around the place. ;)
Another thing I love to do is keeping designer shopping bags, storing things in them and having things hanging on them. I feel like it always adds a slight designer touch. So I love to keep it that way. Another rule of mine: Colour organization. Here you can see an inside in a shelf of my big closet where I store some accessories.

The majority of my eye wear is stored in a commode. Here I also add some Haute Couture charm with fashionable post cards and advertisements. On the commode I use to place a high fashion magazine, some bracelets and my watch (in the green satin sack).
This is my mothers table: I love her little fox holding rings. It's log-built, from Moscow (early 60's). She teached me the "decorate with fashion post cards and magazines trick" as you can see. ;)

How do you guys store your stuff?)
xxM

No comments:

Post a Comment