Thursday, September 11, 2014

ALEXANDER WANG FOR H&M

Here it is: The long-awaited first preview of Alexander Wang's collaboration with H&M. What do you guys think? I feel like this should be called Alexander Wang's boot camp/ wanderlust chic (by hm.com).
Rihanna wearing AW for H&M in NYC (via AW's instagram)
Don't get me wrong, I'm obviously loving 93% of what I've seen so far, but I really hope that there will be a little bit more to the collection than that. Remember when Alexander Wang was THE insider for sexy cocktail wear? There was this one blue/black stretch dress he designed for his SS 2009 runway show. It was the it-piece of every single exquisite get-together from Paris to Tokyo. This dress represented everything I loved about that time: Alexandra Richards' style, Mark Ronson's music and cool NYC parties hosted by Nylon Magazine. I kind of miss that AW and after seeing those H&M pics I just have to raise the question: Where is the sexy Alexander Wang?! Where is the basic asymmetric black dress that works with both Givenchy heels and Celine sneakers?
Ok, I admit I love those stunning laced boots (look Nr. 3), I love that backpack and I can work with that jumper. And for those of you who loved AW's latest collections, this collabo is a real hit. The leggings with the logo print are highly inspired by this year's pieces. The logo wear became a signature part of the current collections.
That's what I've always loved about him, the incredible versatility of his fashion. Alexander Wang can be everything from futuristic and avant-garde to sophisticated and sexy. At the end of the day it's all about the way you style the pieces individually. Speaking of the H&M collection: What about a black slim fit suit, some killer heels and this sporty tube top? Iggy Azalea will make it super hot, Leandra Medine will show us how to do it en Vogue and Kate Bosworth will rock it with her casual hipster wardrobe. Can't wait to see the looks you guys will put together! ;)
Well I guess there is always a way to make it whatever you want to make it. ;) So guys, I really don't want to judge too quickly, let's just wait for the other pieces to hit the Internet. Anyways, the 6th of November is going to be a fashionista's Christmas. ;)
What is your favourite piece? How do you feel about the line? Stay tuned for more updates & have a great weekend! ;)

xx
LOVE
M

No comments:

Post a Comment