Monday, July 14, 2014

SUMMER OBSESSION: POMPON

First of all: WE ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!! GERMANY WON THE 2014 FIFA WORLD CUP!! An epic game, I'm so happy and proud of our team! Jogis Jungs made it and the whole world was watching. Did you guys enjoyed the spectacular finale? It was the most nerve wracking game of the tournament. I would like to thank Brazil for hosting this amazing event and Argentina for playing great soccer throughout the season. (It's hard to be a fan of the German National League when you have a major crush on Lionel Messi. ;) ) Today is the day of national happiness and this kind of moment deserves a special fashion tribute. My German pompon headband is this week's ultimate party accessory.
What do you associate with pompons? Folklore, cheerleading or maybe your childhood? All associations are pretty positive, right? It's such a beautiful tool that has beautified gowns and accessories for centuries now. It's part of many folkloric costumes and it's one of the most recognizable trends of the last couple of years. We saw Azzedine Alaia and Christian Louboutin using them in order to embellish their heels and Caroline Issa's pointed it-pumps for L.K. Bennett were one of the year's biggest fashion highlights. Pompons make me fantasize about Barcelona and Ibiza... A little white dress, tanned skin, Issa heels and an Adrien Brody look-alike... ;) Is this the perfect summer or what? ;)
Actually I think that a pompon piece is a timeless must have and it belongs in every fashionista's closet. The essence of boho chic and glamour is completed with a statement jacket by Bless The Mess. I'm obsessed with their line and Instagram account (@blessthemessofficial). One of my all time favourite bloggers Elisabeth Mass (miss-mass.blogs.elle.es/), is known for her positivity, beauty and flawless sense of style. I love her snaps and I always obsessed over the folkloric and unique pieces featured in her outfits. Guys, I'm officially hooked and Bless The Mess is leading my wishlist. How do you guys like the pieces? AMO! ;)
My favourite Italian duo (besides Adriano and Ornella) is obviously Dolce and Gabbana. One day I will design fairy tale books for my children featuring those dreamy Alta Moda gowns. Their latest Capri show took my breath away, bow down! And they featured pompons on their bags and clothes! This is the embodiment of perfection. Stefano and Domenico, your creations enlighten the world! See it for yourself and dream a little dream... ;)
Guests: Hamish Bowles, Bianca Brandolini D'Adda, Franca Sozzani (Photo courtesy of Hamish Bowles)
Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda Autumn/Winter 2015 
So who else is obsessed with pompons now? ;) One of the best parts of this stunning trend is its simplicity. It is so easy to pimp your favourite blazer or heels with a little pompon. Make your summer (& life) fun and colourful!
LOVE
xx
M

No comments:

Post a Comment